South Dakota Knife Laws
South Dakota is one of the friendliest States of all. There are no restrictions for knife carrying, knife owning or possessing.
Knife Possession Laws
Before 2006, switchblades, ballistic knives were banned in South Dakota. Then finally in 2006, all these statewide prohibitions were repealed and no knives were left banned. After that till now, people can own any kind of knives anywhere they want with any blade length.
- All kinds of pocket knives are legal.
- Balisong or butterfly knives are legal.
- Switchblades are legal.
- Gravity knives and other automatic knives are legal.
- Knives that are hidden under stuff like a pen, cane, lipstick or belt buckles etc. are legal.
- Bowie knives and other large single-edged knives are legal.
- Dirks, daggers, and stilettos and other double-edged knives are legal.
- All sorts of undetectable knives are legal.
- Hunting, fishing or other utility knives are legal.
- Throwing knives, throwing stars, nunchaku and other martial arts’ weapons are legal.
Knife Carrying Laws
Though the previous States allowed owning knives but did not allow carrying knives without restrictions, South Dakota allows you to open or conceal carry any knives with any blade length you want. But of course, if anyone attempts any crime or intends to harm anybody with any of the knives he’s carrying even it is a regular pocket knife, the person will be charged or punished.
So, you need to be careful with it. Otherwise, South Dakota just does not prohibit any knives unless they are misused.
Knife Selling or Manufacturing Laws
There is no restriction to sell, buy, manufacture, display, transport, give and take any kind of knife in this State.
Knife Laws in Schools
Schools of South Dakota are the only place where carrying or possessing dangerous knives are illegal. But if you have legal permit or authorization to carry or possess them, it won’t be illegal. In 2013, this State has started allowing license holding individuals who are authorized to carry or possess knives on school premises on different occasion or situation.
Sum up to the South Dakota Knife Laws
Without any doubt, South Dakota is the coolest State with its friendliest knife laws ever!